Fingerprint Reader on Windows 7 (Fingerfox (SE) will continue)

A few days ago I told you that I was not going to continue development on Fingerfox (SE), since the MS Fingerprint Reader software was incompatible with Windows 7.
However, someone managed to workaround the hard block of the installer. This means that it is possible to make it work on Windows 7, and therefore, I will continue developing Fingerfox (SE). Forget the old blogpost.

Click here to read how you can get MS Fingerprint Reader to work on Windows 7.

Tags: , , , , ,

22 Responses to “Fingerprint Reader on Windows 7 (Fingerfox (SE) will continue)”

Boni
    (Website)

2009-10-31 03:55 PM
    Comment #1273

Thanks man, this is a great add-on for firefox.

Darren

2010-01-18 03:26 PM
    Comment #2092

will fingerfox (se) be able to work on firefox 3.6, i just installed the beta and it no longer works. :-(

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2010-01-18 03:31 PM
    Comment #2093

Hi Darren,
    Yes it should be able to work, haven’t tried though. Be aware that the plugin needs a tiny version change in order to be able to install it in Firefox 3.6.
    I will update it right away I have just updated it, you can then download an unstable version (simply not tested with firefox 3.6) from this website…

Darren

2010-01-19 11:06 PM
    Comment #2106

Thank you, I very much appreciate it. IE is awful, I much prefer FireFox. Fingerfox is great, Thank you.

creature

2010-02-11 05:02 PM
    Comment #2335

I just did the “blogfield” workaround to use my DP-MS fingerprint reader on “W”7 Pro(clean inst), I love that little reader! However, even with the add-on Digital
    Persona will not recognize logon-signin pages on many,many websites. I despise IE,only use it for “W”update. But, with it I could use DP to LogSignto almost any site. Is there something I,m missing here?

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2010-02-15 10:31 AM
    Comment #2376

Could you give an example on a website that doesn’t work?

creature

2010-02-16 02:08 AM
    Comment #2384

It wont recognize the logon page for Gmail, Ebay, Paypal,etc. Where it seems to have no problem with these same site on IE. What
    I get is the little box that says ” This is not a logon page”

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2010-02-16 11:45 AM
    Comment #2389

Those sites should work just fine…
    Could you open a thread in the bugtracker system. Afterwards I will give you permission to attach a file, and then I would like you to upload a screenshot of this issue.

creature

2010-02-17 02:14 AM
    Comment #2396

I really appreciate the help, unfortunately I am not computer savvy enough to know how to bring up a thread or the other things you recommend. So, if you are patient, and willing to walk me through the steps, as Blogfield did in his procedures, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2010-02-17 02:39 PM
    Comment #2407

Start by opening a thread in the bugtracking system. I will explain further from there.

Click on Bugtracker in the menu on this website.
    In the table on that page, click the “Application” link in the “Fingerfox (SE)” category.
    Click on the button “New”.
    You will be prompted to login/create a user.
    After doing so, enter details about the bug, and send the information.

creature
    creature

2010-02-17 07:08 PM
    Comment #2410

OK , I have logged on to your site, Do we continue to communicate through this. Or, do I contact you in some other way? AS I said, I don’t speak computerease very well. And, again thank you for taking the time to help me with this.

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2010-02-17 11:17 PM
    Comment #2413

After logging in, go through the same steps again. After clicking “New” you will now be able to write details about this issue. After doing so, I will in there explain to you how to attach screenshots.

CLynne

2010-03-26 06:51 AM
    Comment #2949

I have a fingerprint reader already made on my HP laptop. When I am installing the digital persona 2.0 it asks me to install a fingerprint hub. Is there a way I can make use of the digital persona 2.0 and fingerfox without having to buy an additional fingerprint reader? I use the fingerprint reader just fine to sign on my computer account, but I would like to use it for the internet as well. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Thanks for your help

I currently am using Windows 7 32-bit and I followed all of your directions using Orca just fine until I couldn’t proceed further without plugging in a fingerprint reader.

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2010-03-26 07:42 AM
    Comment #2950

You don’t _have_ to install digital persona in order to use Fingerfox (SE), however it isn’t guaranteed that Fingerfox (SE) will work with any fingerprint recognition software. You will have to try though to find out.
    You need specific Fingerprint readers to use the Digital Persona software, so if your fingerprint reader is not supporter by it, you can’t use it.

Try out Fingerfox (SE) with the included software instead, and see if it works. If it doesn’t, I am afraid there is not much I can do about it at this time, since Fingerfox (SE) wasn’t made specifically for any fingerprint readers or the included software.

Laura

2010-05-06 07:55 AM
    Comment #3324

Oh great addon. I just added this on my firefox 3.6. Works well dude.

Christopher
    Christopher

2011-03-30 04:22 AM
    Comment #12326

I’m having problems with the new version of Firefox 4.0 , My fingerprint reader doesn’t work in the browser and I’m on the verge of going back to version 3.16 (it worked on older version). I have Windows 7 (64-bit) on a HP pavilion dv8t. It’s driving me crazy!!!!!

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2011-03-30 12:00 PM
    Comment #12345

And what is the question?
    DigitalPersona not working with Firefox, but have you tried using the Fingerfox (SE) plugin yet?
    Any issues with it?

I have nothing to do with the Digital Persona software itself.

BetaGary

2012-08-27 11:34 AM
    Comment #16709

I just got a new HP Pavilion dv7 laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. It has a built-in fingerprint reader, but will only bring up a browser page with each finger swipe. I installed the Fingerfox (SE) add-on, but it won’t work. It worked on my old HP Pavilion dv6 with Vista 32 bit. The reader on this dv7 uses HP SimplePass. Is there a way to disable that and use Fingerfox?

Natalie
    (Website)

2015-01-08 06:28 PM
    Comment #21154

Hi to every body, it’s my first visit of this web site; this webpage consists of amazing
    and in fact fine stuff in support of readers.

website
    (Website)

2015-06-09 07:06 AM
    Comment #21947

Por eso hay una intimidad (sean cariños, sean palabras) que se
    reserva para el propio amor.

sim cards offers
    (Website)

2015-08-30 07:13 AM
    Comment #22509

sim cards offers

Fingerprint Reader on Windows 7 (Fingerfox (SE) will continue) « Amews Software Development

jayhawkbball.com
    (Website)

2017-04-08 04:50 AM
    Comment #26822

Thanks for featuring the beautiful images– so vulnerable to a sense of contemplation. http://jayhawkbball.com/groups/understanding-mobile-phone-insurance/