Known bug: HTTP Auth login in Firefox 4

Update: This bug has been fixed in Fingerfox (SE) version 2.21.x

As some of you have already noticed, Fingerfox (SE) does not work with HTTP Auth / htaccess login windows in Firefox 4. As a side-effect, it doesn’t work with the master password either. I just want to inform you all, that I am aware of this issue, and I will look into it as soon as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Known bug: HTTP Auth login in Firefox 4”

Chris Hargrove

2011-03-30 03:42 AM
    Comment #12323

I can’t seem to get my finger print reader to work in Firefox 4.0, it worked fine in version 3.6 ( with Digital Persona extension 5.0 ), but I wrote A email; for the software Digital-Persona and was told they will no longer support the software any more and won’t update it for 4.0 I’m stuck!!!. PS I have Windows 7 (64Bit). installed on a pavilion dv8t. and all the latest gadgets

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2011-03-30 11:58 AM
    Comment #12344

And what is the question?
    DigitalPersona not working with Firefox, but have you tried using the Fingerfox (SE) plugin yet?
    Any issues with it?

I have nothing to do with the Digital Persona software itself.

Tri Hartanto
    (Website)

2011-04-01 08:08 AM
    Comment #12435

I already have Fingerfox (SE) installed in my FF 4.0.
    It work smooth with my DigitalPersona Personal ver 4.11 .
    Good job. You make something useless into useful.

Chris Hargrove

2011-04-08 05:07 PM
    Comment #12899

I would like to thank you for the update . It works fine, still trying to use it properly and getting to know the ends and outs with program.

wolverinjr
    wolverinjr

2011-07-06 05:05 PM
    Comment #14728

Fingerfox has been working well for me in Firefox 3.6.
    Just updated to Firefox 5 and now it does not work. It is loaded, but when opening a site the login screen does not pop up, but there is a green 3 segmented arrow that continuously flashes on the status bar Fingerfox icon.
    I uninstalled Firefox and Fingerfox then loaded Firefox 3.6 as it was before and the Fingerfox add-on but get the same issue as above.
    Has something changed in the registry and will not allow Fingerfox to work properly even with the older versions of programs?
    wolverinjr

Anders Jensen
    amews_aj
    (admin) (Website)

2011-07-07 11:25 AM
    Comment #14733

Hi wolverinjr,
    Please write in the forum next time.

Fingerfox (SE) should work just fine in Firefox 5.
    Maybe you also installed some other new programs?

Anyway, I’d suggest that you check that you do have .NET 2.0 installed, and eventually reinstall it. See the download page for download link.
    I’d also suggest that you try to select some other ports that Fingerfox (SE) should use. Click on the tiny arrow on the Fingerfox (SE) icon in the browser, and click “Change portsettings”, write some other port numbers in the two text-fields. I recommend to choose something random between 10000-65535.

Regards,
    Anders

junaid
    (Website)

2017-01-06 09:55 AM
    Comment #26066

FingerFox display message no login on this page always . Can’t use. kIndly help